Following on from our release about the cross-selling feature in Kyvio, we have a new feature to announce. In this post, we share how you can protect your website when you build with Kyvio.
Here at Kyvio, we pride ourselves on keeping up to date on the latest web design and technology changes.
We all know how frustrating bots can be. They create fake accounts and sign up for your website. Sometimes to steal your content, mess with your domain/email reputation, and mess with your stats and thus also conversion rates. Bots are a nuisance and a pest for any website owner.
Do you want to stop bots from wreaking havoc on your site and forms? Do you want to protect your website?
The answer is Google Recaptcha v3. It is the right tool for the job.
Google Recaptcha v3 is the latest and greatest Google captcha. It is a new free Google service that eliminates the need for annoying captcha. This tool helps stop spambots. It’s also been designed to be more user-friendly and is available for all platforms (mobile included).
Now, you may be thinking, “but Google ReCaptcha v2 was just fine!”, true, but Google has released a new version of Google ReCaptcha that does not require any captcha anymore.
The good news is that Kyvio has recently released an integration with Google ReCaptcha V3. It will protect your website and the funnel optin form, membership registration form, and Stripe checkout form from bots and provide an extra layer of security.
How to integrate Google ReCaptcha into your Kyvio account to protect your website
1. Log in to your Kyvio account via https://app.kyvio.net/login and then go to Integrations:
2. Click on the ‘+NEW INTEGRATION’ button then fill out the details for the Name and the Provider:
3. Please put a name for the integration then scroll to the bottom of the list under Misc Integrations > Google ReCaptcha v3
4. From there, you will be shown a page where you need to put in the API keys for the integration.
5. In order to get the API keys, go to this link https://www.google.com/recaptcha/about/ to sign up for an account with Google. Then proceed to select v3 Admin Console.
6. After clicking the link, you are asked to set up your Google reCAPTCHA and register your domain. Please see the screenshot below as well as the description for reference or you can also hover on the “?” icon right next to each part to see more details.
Label – Use a label that will make it easy for you to identify the site in the future.
ReCAPTCHA Type – Choose the type of reCAPTCHA for this site key. A site key only works with a single reCAPTCHA site type. See Site Types for more details.
Domain – Your registration is restricted to the domains you enter here, plus any subdomains. In other words, a registration for example.com also registers subdomain.example.com. A valid domain requires a host and must not include any path, port, query, or fragment.
About Custom Domains…
You should use your custom domain mapped to Kyvio. You can not use the default kyvio subdomain for this.
7. Please make sure to agree to the Terms of Service then hit on Submit button to complete the process. Once you’ve submitted, you will be given the Site and Secret Key that you will use for the integrations as shown below:
Note: You have to do this TWICE for the integration with Kyvio. Since you can only choose one type of reCAPTCHA per request, you have to do one for v3 and another for v2. The reason for this is that by default, reCaptcha v3 is activated then if the security feature detects a bot or a risk, it will then proceed to show the v2 version as an additional layer of security. This way IF v3 falsely detects a visitor as a bot the user can still complete what they want to do by filling out the v2 captcha
8. Once you’ve completed the two requests for v3 and v2 respectively, please add the necessary API keys on your Kyvio Integration page then hit Save Integrations.
Once submitted, it will give you a confirmation if the integration is successful or if you need to check the details you’ve put in. When activated, it will fully automatically protect your funnel opt-in forms, Membership registration form, and even your Stripe checkout form from bots.
For your Membership Registration, please make sure to activate it via Smart Memberships > General Settings and enable it from there:
Let’s stop bots now!
It is crucial to protect your website from bots is more crucial than ever. With Google Recaptcha v3, it’s easier and more user-friendly than ever to do so. Kyvio makes the process even easier by providing a free integration that will activate this protection for you automatically.
This update features a more user-friendly interface and to better protect your website and forms against bots.
Kyvio goes the extra mile to protect our users!